JOB TITLE: Inside Sales Representative
DEPARTMENT: Inside Sales – reports directly to Inside Sales Team Leader
JOB TYPE: Full Time – 6 Month Contract
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position processes sales orders according to established procedures, policies and standards. Strives to meet and exceed sales targets and provides a high level of customer service.
• Handles incoming calls from sales prospects
• Sells product using catalogue, case stacks, sales programs and flyers
• Monitors and informs customers of the availability of products, new pricing, promotions, flyers, case stack deals and offer possible substitutions to products ordered that are out of stock or discontinued
• Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service
• Process sales orders, provide follow-through and work with other departments to ensure streamlined operations
• Obtain orders via email/fax by proactively making telephone sales calls. Provide Order Confirmations and Out of Stock reports for all processed orders. Monitor and schedule shipments of back orders
• Inform customers of new products by explaining the benefits and features and encourage the customer to list products.
• Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers
• Call past customers and cold call new sales leads to generate sales
• Develop and provide a professional, friendly communication style with customers and ONFC staff
• Develop and maintain an organized work area and records
• Work with Operations and Assistant Team Leader Inside Sales to ensure shipping requirements are fulfilled
• Ensure that all expected orders for the day are accounted for
• Attends all Trade Show events representing Inside Sales Group
• Minimum 2 years of sales or customer service experience required
• Some Post-Secondary education required
• Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
• Competitive and committed attitude required
• Good understanding of computer operations, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel, and possess the ability to learn new applications
• Familiarity with order entry and invoicing would be an asset
• Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with people in a professional, courteous and friendly manner is required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills are necessary
• Proven ability to manage multiple relationships
• Work effectively in a team environment and have a willingness to learn in a quickly changing industry
• Must be flexible and available to work occasional weekends, as required
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Marion Hurd at mhurd [at] onfc.ca on or before June 27, 2017.