Board of Directors
Ontario Natural Food Co-op is owned and governed by its members. ONFC is led by a 9-seat Board of Directors who represents over 660 member retailers and clubs.
The Board of Directors is an elected body responsible for overseeing the affairs of the Co-op on behalf of the membership (the owners). The Board is accountable for ensuring the long-range security and viability of the corporation and making decisions in the best interests of all members.
Of the 9 Board seats, 5 seats are assigned to the retail co-operative and buying club members (known as Group A). Four seats are assigned to the natural food retailer members (known as Group B).
- Directors are elected at the Annual General Meeting, held in the Spring
- Director terms are for 1 or 2 years
- The Board meets 6 times a year (4 in-person, 2 teleconferences)
- Meetings, typically, are held on a Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning sessions are often devoted to either strategic planning or training
- Meetings are usually held at the ONFC office in Mississauga
- Typically a Director joins at least one committee of the Board:
- Strategic Planning
- Directors are volunteers. There is no Director remuneration. All expenses associated with Board duties are covered by ONFC (travel, accommodation, etc.).
Islington Buying Club, Etobicoke
Karma Co-op, Toronto
The Peanut Mill, St. Catharines
London Food Co-op, London
Cafe Pyrus, Kitchener
Rainbow Foods, Ottawa
Noah's Natural Foods, Toronto
No Fuss Buying Club, Ottawa
Click this link for the Board Candidate Information Package
For more information about the ONFC Board of Directors, please contact Kim De Lallo, Member Relations & Education at email@example.com