New Product Consideration
Thank you for your interest in ONFC and our New Product Procurement Process.
Please review the following information link to get a better understanding of required procedures and forms that allow us to effectively and efficiently review your product. Please read this section thoroughly to ensure your product meets with our criteria and also so that it receives the attention it deserves.
- New Product Criteria
- Product Submission Process
New Product Criteria
When considering new products, they must at minimum be:
- Free of chemical additives and preservatives
- Free of artificial flavours and / or colours
- Free of growth hormones
- Free of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO's) (<1%)
- Free of white sugar (highly refined)
- Free of hydrogenated / partially hydrogenated oils
- Be of redeeming nutritional and health value
- Bilingually labeled (English/French, pending any CFIA exceptions)
- Labeled with a UPC code
- Meets all CFIA labeling regulations – Food Labelling INFO
Products considered favourable include those that are:
- Certified Organic
- Canadian in origin and/or locally produced
- Fair Trade certified (where applicable)
- Minimally processed or refined
- Influential in positive environmental and social change
- Non GMO project
Though the criteria list may appear limiting to some, it strongly reflects the values and beliefs of our company. This approach is highly valued both within our organization and by our well established customer base.
Product Submission Process
If your product matches the above criteria, please:
- Download the form below (3 tabs) and return via intake [at] onfc.ca (email) (intake [at] onfc.ca). (right-click and choose "Save Target As...")
- Send five (5) samples, Canadian packaging, of each of your products/flavours/ types to:
5685 McLaughlin Road
Upon receipt of your product samples and completed application form, your submission will be reviewed and evaluated by our Purchasing & Intake Team.
Following the initial evaluation, we review the financials to determine any shipping costs (if you do not deliver to our dock) and the project retail price of your product.
In general, the process takes 3 - 4 weeks. Due to the large volume of submissions we receive, we ask that you fill out the required form and mail in the samples. Upon initial review and approval, you may be contacted if an in-depth discussion and/or presentation is required.
For further information on our Product Submission or Selection Process please email us at: intake [at] onfc.ca